Monday, August 25, 2008

School :(

Today was the first day of school. I guess it could have been worse but it still wasn't that good. It's still school. I'm just going to have to go through it and hopefully summer will be soon. The only good thing about school is band and It might be a good band but the band hall is too small for all those people. It's driving me insane. And it's the first day. I love playing music but there aren't enough lockers for the instruments. Well at least for saxophones and trumpets. It's driving me crazy. It was so tight in band today.

I got a new cell phone. It's my first one that isn't a hand-me-down. It's blue and it slides so it's pretty cool. Cooler than I expected my parents to let me get. But my sister has one but hers is white.

I'm loving cello. It's amazing. I'm getting good for just a couple months of playing. I'm really enjoying it. I love my cello. My cello teacher has me doing really easy beginner stuff. I started harder songs like Musette and something from Sleeping Beauty (the ballet) But I think I chose the perfect string instrument. Not huge like the bass but you don't put it under your chin which bugged me when I played violin. I already knew bass clef from piano so it's been pretty easy to pick up on. Just need to learn tenor clef. But not yet.

I got the August Rush soundtrack. I love that movie. And it has a cello which is amazing. It has some language that it could have left out. And a part that shouldn't have been in there but is kind the whole reason why the movie took place. They still probably could have changed it. But it has amazing cello and other music. I love it. It would be so much fun to play some of the music. Put it would be pretty hard. Still it's really cool. I love that movie. It kinda ended abruptly but whatever.

I started reading Do Hard Things and so far it's amazing. I would suggust it. Go to the website and check it out. It's really cool.

The olympics are over. And it's so sad. :( I enjoyed them a lot. Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin were amazing at gymnastics and Michael Phelps is a great swimmer. It is insane. But it was cool to see even if it was just on the TV. I have a friend who I want to make the 2012 Olympics in London so I can go see her. That would be cool.

4 comments:

Zuzu said...

Sorry about the small band hall. :( That's no fun!

You should put a picture of your new cell phone on! :)

Zuzu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Calsie Rael said...

I might do that and the tightness in the band hall hasn't been such a problem because we have gone outside to march. But now the misquitos are the problem.

Zuzu said...

I'm nervous about band! I'm starting next year in HS and it sounds pretty hard! Do you guys have to practice a ton?