Sunday, February 10, 2008

I must need a life.....

Hi! Kinda bored again so just wanted to say random stuff. This afternoon I went to choir practice which is always so much fun. (and I got cookies) (If you know me you know that, that is very, very bad.) I love the songs that we are doing so far. We are doing a variation of a Michael W. Smith song called The Call. (it sounds awesome you have to listen to it sometime) We are also doing an Out of Eden song called Vision of Love (it is cool too) (listen to it) And another one but I don't know for sure what that is but I think it is Kyrie by Mister Mister or something like that. (I had never heard of them until recently and have never heard the song or any of their songs.) Last year we did a song in Latin. That was interesting. I am a 2nd soprano but sometimes I really think I should be an alto. But I (selfishly) like being a 2nd soprano because I get melody. (I told you I was selfish) The hard song is always the first we sing in our choir because it is slow and really high. (like nuns in a convent says our director) Then it gets a little more exciting (we did Child of Mine 2 years ago) Then we get into something really jazzy and gosple. Last year we did another Out of Eden song and we did another gosple song the year before that.


I text a lot. I know that is random but I just though I ought to say that. I like texting. I didn't start texting till recently. (it was because someone kept texting me and i didn't want to feel rude by ignoring that person) But now I text a lot. My parents give me a hard time about it because I apparently beat my brother (he's not really my brother but he might as well be) and I never though that was possible. I use to text a lot more than I do now though. I have sent over 100 a day. (That wasn't good.)


I love music. I am in the band in school and love it. (I know I am a music/band nerd but I don't care) I also love writing music. I usually stick to certain intruments which are my favorite or that I can play. I write a lot for piano but I can play it. (even though I write music that I can't play) (don't ask why) (it just happens) I also love the saxophone. (I play alto and I love it). I want to learn how to play the clarinet. I love how it sounds. My sister has a really nice wooden clarinet. She lets me play it every once in a while (but I have to convince her) My big sister in band plays clarinet and says that she will teach me. (not really my sister again but she calls me sissy and introduces me to people that way) I also love the cello for some reason. I have never played it and probably never will but I love how it sounds. I use to play vioin but I did not like that at all. It was really hard and hurt my neck whenever I played. So after 2 months I gave up on that. But I have stuck with piano. I have played for about 8 or 9 years (I started in 1st grade, I think) I did quit lessons after 5 years so I could start band and worry about only that (and I kinda got tired of piano) I still knew how to play and played everyonce in a while. But last Christmas I really wanted to start lessons again and I was ready too. So I did have have been taking lessons ever since. I started saxophone in 6th grade and have continued to love it. I have made All-Region band twice (it is a band where you try out with other schools across the region and the best make it into the band) Last year I made 1st chair in the JH band. This year I made 5th, but it was the HS band and there were more people trying out. I was really happy that I made it. I was surprised because I always mess up when I am nervous and I was especially nervous because I had to go 1st out of all the Alto Saxs. (going 1st is kinda the worst spot for anyone to be in) I probably wouldn't of had to gone 1st but I had to get back to the school around 5:30 or 6 to do our school play.

I was lights in the school play. They tried to put me on the stage with real part but I got really nervous and decided I didn't want to do that. I also don't like being over dramatic. The lights wern't very fun, but my mom made me to the play and that was the only thing I could do without doing something really uncomfortable. I really wish I could get up on stage and just have fun. But singing and acting infront of people scares me. So most of the practices I spent sitting up in the booth thing texting people. It was pretty boring. Especially after one of my friends who sat up there with me dropped out of the play. The person doing sound was nice but I am not friends with her and don't really fit in with her. All my other friends were actually in the play. I was happy when we finally got to do the preformances. (it ment my misery was almost over) The first preformance was boring but the second I just talked to a friend of mine over the intercome thing. (it was weird considering how most of our converstions go) I missed the 3rd preformance because I went out of town for a youth conference thing called Winterfest. (I am sorry for all the theater people but I was glad to get a way from that musical)


Well I really didn't mean for this post to be this long. I probably wrote the whole thing and no one read it. But it occupied some of my time. If you actually read this and though it was extremly boring, please tell me and be completly honest. (If you hated the whole thing from beginning to end please tell me. It won't hurt my feelings at all) If you enjoyed reading about my life I don't know what you can do. I probably won't ever have a post this long again. (but you never know) Well I am getting really tired. (tired of typing mostly) And I am getting hungry. (I am going to try to get enchiladas again) I have ate them a lot lately. Unfortunatly we are nearly out. Well I really am going to go now. Bye

16 comments:

Zoe said...

Cool post (not that I read it). WOW! I didn't think you ever typed that much (sry)!!!!
I'll read it later... I hope.
Keep up the posting though!

Misha said...

I like your posts! I read it all! :D

Calsie Rael said...

Did you really like it? It was probably boring.

Misha said...

100 POSTS!!!!!!

Calsie Rael said...

That really is a long post.

Misha said...

Yay! Well, that was fun. I have to go now and read. See ya guys later!

Calsie Rael said...

I am listening to Air 1

Misha said...

wait... I mean 100 comments... k bye!

Calsie Rael said...

I better go too.

Zoe said...

bye

Zoe said...

I am so slow

Zoe said...

Me too... bye

Zoe said...

Okay, I read it! I would say it is interesting, but I already know about everything you said (ya know, since I am your cousin).

Anonymous said...

When you said about your first song being high and slow it made me think of that movie Sister Act, okay it's old but so am I. The one where the lady is hiding out in the convent and she has to be in the choir. They sing all these borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring songs and she gets them to start jamming... Hey, my comment is almost as long as your post. : )

Zoe said...

I like that movie.

Calsie Rael said...

I've never seen that movie. I haven't seen a lot of movies. People ask me if I have seen certain movies and I say no and one of my friends gets mad at me. Well not really mad but yells "Woman"