Monday, February 11, 2008

Really Bored (It happens)

I could be doing something else but, I am not. I really should be doing something else, but again, I am not.


Random Topics......

Music


I love music. I really like instrumental music. Michael W. Smith has some songs that are mostly just instruments and I like those. I just realized that we have a Kenny G. CD. I play saxophone too so I think that is cool. I have only played Alto Saxophone but I would like to play soprano saxophone someday. I think they are so cool. I love the bagpipes! (I know it is weird). Some day I want to learn how to play the bagpipes. (Weather it will happen or not is a differnt story altogether) I don't know why I just love the sound of bagpipes. Especially playing Amazing Grace. I love that song and I think bagpipes is just the perfect instrument to play that song one. I also love the cello. I don't really love string instruments. (I tried to play violin once and it didn't work out.) But I love the cello. I don't know what is that different. Maybe since it is lower than violin or something, but not too low. I obviously love piano and saxophone. I like a really strong clarinet sound. Flute is sometimes ok. I am not a fan of most brass instruments but I sometimes like the sound of a French Horn. ( I am glad I am a woodwind)



Opera and singing.


Oddly enough as it sounds I am a slight fan of opera. Not that I listen to it all that often. But occationally. I like softer opera and not all crazy and painful. I love listening to songs in different languages. (Even if I can understand a word of what is being said) I don't really know why it just sounds really cool. We sang a song in Latin in choir last year. I love voices. I like singing but I am not that good. (Well I say that) I love musicals like the Phantom of the Opera, Newies, Wicked (even though I have never really seen it, just heard the music), Les Miserables, and more. I love the song On My Own from Les Mis and most of the songs from Phantom. (Most) I despise All I Ask of You for some reason. It sounds pretty, but it is too, well I don't know how to explain it.


Spanish


I am learning Spanish in school. (to my dismay) It is not that Spanish is bad. But I would rather learn French. I would take it if my school had it, but they only have Spanish and it is required to take it. I though I ought to get it over with. I am learning. It is the only class I have that I have to learn everything. Maybe biology. I do pretty well in Spanish. My grades are pretty good. But I have problems with speaking and understanding it being spoken to me. Reading and writing it are the easy parts for me.

Narnia

I use to be obsessed with Narnia. It was around the time when the movie came out and I read all the books and stuff. I just loved it. My friends would get annoyed with me because I would talk about it a lot. I got really excited when I found out when the next one was coming out. I would go to school and want to talk about Narnia. (I am sure my friends didn't like me very much then) I got over that. Now I would like to possibly see the new movie when it comes out but I am no longer obsessed.

Cupstacking

I use to cupstack (or what is now officially called sportstacking) all the time. At a Preteen retreat we learned and had a tournament. It was fun. I was kinda nervous because I (like everyone else) had never cupstacked before and I think I went early on. There would be three people and the person who stacked the cups the fastest won. Well I won and I won again and again. It was down to me and 2 of my friends I think. (Maybe just one) And I won the whole thing (luck) I was happy. I went home and asked if I could get some cups and I did. I learned how to do the Cycle (the harder one) and kept getting better and working on beating my record. I don't remember exactly what my record is but it is less than 14 seconds i think. I can't seem to beat it anymore.

Valentine's Day

I really can't stand Valentine's Day. It is so boring and pointless. I don't see a point to it. People give other people cards, flowers, and chocolate and I really don't like that. And what about those people who want to get something but don't? :( It is so sad. People are like, "I am going to bring you a valentine tomorrow." I don't want to be rude by saying "No, I hate Valentine's Day." And I am very picky and don't really like sweets. I hope I don't get anything tomorrow. We might stick something in one of my friends lockers and tell her that it is from her boyfriend. (I don't know if he is smart enough to get her something.) Me and my sister figure it will cost about $20 to get her a rose, some chocolate, and a card (expensive) (That is another think I hate about Valentine's Day. It is too expensive.) We might stick something in her boyfriend's locker too. (If there is room.) (Shhh I didn't do anything, yet) Hehehe! I hope I don't get anything tomorrow. Well it won't be a very enjoyable day but I will tell everyone what happens.


Well I probably have some stuff to say but I don't want to.
Bye

5 comments:

Misha said...

Valentines Day really isn't a pointless holiday. It was the day a guy named Valentine got killed. Just copy 'n paste this to read about about it.

http://www.history.com/
minisite.do?content_type
=Minisite_Generic&content
_type_id=882&display_order
=1&mini_id=1084

Calsie Rael said...

I know about that. One thing is that that was forever ago and today Valentine's Day has turned into a commercial holiday. I just don't like that. I am also not in to any romance and frilly lace and doilies. And I really don't like the color pink which is practically the Valentine's Day color. No one even remembers St. Valentine. They just worry about whether they get a card or a box of chocolate. At least here.

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow! You have a lot going on! I took Spanish in college last year as an ADULT (45!!) and it's a lot harder when you're older. Learn it now and keep up with the vocab. It may come in handy later in life.

You're a little old for my girls blog by stop by sometime anyway. We're talking about things that make you down in the dumps right now.
http://just4christiangirls.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

If you are still bored, stop by my blog--I just posted a very sad, but true story : (

Calsie Rael said...

I'm remember a lot of what I learn. I just get made fun of when I try to speak it.