Saturday, March 1, 2008

Music/Phantom of the Opera

Hey! I still am very excited about making state in solo and ensomble. I was so happy when they announced all the people who made it on the announcements.

I love music. I play the saxophone and piano. I have played the saxophone for nearly 4 years I think) And the piano for 8 or 9. (A long time for me) I want to learn how to play the clarinet because I love the clarinet sound (most of the time) My little sister plays the clarinet and my older sister Lizbeth does too. Depends on how busy summer is, I am going to ask if she can teach me. My little sister usually lets me borrow her's. I have tried to learn over a weekend. (but my weekends are sometimes busy) I would also like to learn how to play the bagpipes. I doubt that is going to happen. I kinda play the recorder but I had to learn in 5th grade and I kinda remember. That might be one of my least favorite instruments. It is hardly an instrument. I hope to learn more instruments. I use to play the violin but after about 2 months I quit. I hated it. I thought it was terribly uncomfortable and hard. I only remember learning one song so that bugged me.

The hardest song I have probably ever played on the saxophone (I am listening to it right now) was a song we played for All Region Band. It was really hard. It was the March from 1941. I think there is a movie called 1941 and that song is from it. It is probably the hardest song I have ever played. I loved it though. It was so hard. I would love to try it again but I kinda doubt that is going to happen. (unfortunatly) It had a lot of confusing fingerings and rhytem (I usually can spell that correctly I just can't think now. It also had a 36th note run. Also the song we did for the sax quartet. It didn't have a key signture and it had a lot of accidentals. All next together. Ahhhhhh. I hated it at first but now it is ok. (ok i might love it just because I made state with it.

The beginning of the school year was my first time to march. I loved it. Our show was the Phantom of the Opera. (loved it) I love Phantom. I saw it on Broadway last summer and I loved it. During that thime I was doing Phantom at school and for piano lessons, and one of my friends gave me the CD so I listened to it all the time. I eventrually stopped.

Last night I got to see one of the guys who played the Phantom on Broadway. He sang a lot of songs. (He sang Music of the Night!) I loved it. He was really good and funny.

Well I don't really have anything else to say. Bye

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey!
Coolio! How many instruments DO you play?

Calsie Rael said...

2 I guess. Piano and Saxophone.

Zuzu said...

One of my friends played the saxophone. Sounds really cool!

Anonymous said...

You sound very talented!