Monday, May 26, 2008

State!!!!

I went to state for solo and ensemble. I was in the sax quartet that got to go to state. We left right when school started Friday and got back at 1 last night.

Friday we left and drove to our hotel, ate, then swam in the pool. It was so hot and humid and we were so excited about swimming. We actually stopped at a college to practice. We practiced really well. If we played it like that the next day we would have probably got a 1. After we practiced we got on the piano in the practice room. One of the guys wanted me to play Fur Elise. I did but I wasn't use to the piano so it was pretty bad. The other guy tried to find a grand piano for me to play (which would have been pretty much amazing) But he didn't find one. We ate pizza there and kept going. On the way they showed movies. First they watched Disturbia. I don't think I'm allowed to see that so I didn't. I listened to the iPod that I brought and one of my friends let me borrow hers. We also watched a Blue Man Group video, National Treasure 2, and Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. I was texting a lot on the way but my phone didn't have service for part of the way.

Saturday was the day of the contest. We got up. Our hotel was about 40 minutes away from the place where the contest was held. My group performed at about 1:30. I just waited until then. It was so hot and humid. I was sweating really bad and was miserable. I'm use to dry weather but where we were it was humid. Not very fun. Everyone was sweating and we sat outside for most of the day. There were groups practicing. There was a xylophone ensemble that were really good. Their song sounded so cool. It was amazing! I didn't eat lunch because I really wasn't hungry. We started getting really tence and in a bad mood right before we performed. But our judge was really nice though. We didn't play well at all. But we got a 2 and that's really good at state. I'm just really glad I got to go my freshman year. There were only 3 freshmen at my school who qualified. I bought a patch. There was a shirt I really wanted but I didn't get it. There was one solo that was going at 4:40 so everyone else left and went to Dairy Queen to get ice cream and blizzards. It was nice. We got back to hotel and went to the pool to swim. Me and my friend were the only girls left since the others left to go back home. That night we ate at Cracker Barrel.

Sunday we went to Schlitterbahn. I didn't go anything until my friend got there. (she left with her parents to go to church) After that we walked around finding something to do. We found a ride that I loved. It was one of the rides where you get on an intertube and float around. I think it was Hillside Tube Chute. Well anyway it was fun. My friend also did a racing slide but I didn't want to do that one. We couldn't find anything else do do so we did the Chute one again. I wanted to do some other ones but we didn't always agree on what to do and there were long lines. There is so much that we didn't get to do. I would love to go again. I was looking at the website and now I want to go again so bad. But when it's not as busy. We had no idea what we were doing or how to get around the place. I would go back again. So I hope I make state next year and have more friends who make state. We left at about four to drive home. We didn't get home till 1. I was so tired. I'm really glad to be home. But it was a fun trip. I want to go next year. I just wish more of my friends could have gone.

2 comments:

Misha said...

OH that's so cool! Good job!

Zuzu said...

Great job on making state!! It sounds really fun. ;)